Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Introduction!!!!!


Hi! My name is Rima and I'll be writing a food blog for a while.
First of all in my class, we're all reading a "Food" related book.
I'd like to introduce my book that I'm reading.

Dinner Roles: American Women and Culinary Culture


So this book is generally about why the preparation of food became something feminine.According to the book, in most American homes the cooking is considered to be mom's responsibility and not dad's. I think this is the same in Japan too well probably in any country cooking considered to be feminine.I like cooking myself and I have no problem for it being feminine however, a lot of chiefs tend to be male. I was curious about the history about this and this led me to read this book.




-Today's Photo-



Chinese dumpling
Photo by Rima

6 comments:

  1. This book looks eductional! I actually dont like how woman are looked at as the "housewife" having to know how to cook. in my opinon, its a little sexist. (maybe cuz i just dont like cooking lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also intersted in your book, too!
    Recently, in Japan, it's emphasized that both women and men should do housework equally. However, I think there are still unequalities.
    So, I want to its history more deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in your book. Now, parenting and cooking remain largely the responsibility of women, and balancing work with having and raising a child parents a majour challenge for working women.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the book just explain the history?
    If it mentions a solution like how it can be possible to share cooking with counterpart, please let me know for reference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested in your nice photos as well as your book! I've been studying about gender issue from last semester, so I can learn more information from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds very interesting. I would like to know why its like this throughout the world based on the history.

    ReplyDelete